To effectively manage the Finance function and team with all financial, accounting and analysis activities. Being hands on and acting in line with business requirements and deadlines to ensure its smooth running whilst continuously improving and increasing efficiency.
Management of the finance team and activities
- To lead, manage and develop the finance team to its full potential.
- To ensure that all month end processes are managed smoothly, with attention to detail and in line with timetable for efficient and timely production of monthly accounts.
- Oversite of internal financial controls, ensuring compliance and the safeguarding of company assets, always acting in accordance with required regulations and policies, budgets and approvals.
- Oversite of cash flow management with cash collection a significant priority and a focus on cash forecasting.
- Calculation and payment of all taxes due to HMRC including PSA, quarterly VAT return etc.
- Support team with queries / issue resolution
Monthly forecast update, budget process and financial modelling
- Development of key salient information with budget holders, assist in their understanding and interpretation (focus on SAAS metrics).
- Update business forecast and financial model on a monthly basis in conjunction with the business
- Modelling of scenarios at CFOs direction
- Production of monthly financial packs and analysis including the Board pack in conjunction with the CFO.
- Working with CFO to manage the annual budget process. Budget to be signed off in good time for the commencement of the new financial year.
Payroll and Sales commissions
- Oversight and review of monthly payroll with the People ream to ensure accuracy and payroll taxes are paid in accordance with deadlines.
- Update / develop commission schemes with relevant EMT owners to drive the right behaviors and outcomes.
- Review commission calculations prior to being circulated for approval.
Other key activities:
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders internally and externally
- Oversee the annual audit and accounts and tax computation preparation, including liaison with the auditors.
- Support the CFO and EMT and any special projects e.g. Ecommerce.
- Be the key driver and manager/overseer of any finance systems and processes upgrades/changes.
KPIs and Measures:
- Team are engaged, motivated and focused. The ownership (and cover) of tasks is clear and understood
- Management Accounts and Board Report are accurate and produced by Month End + 10 (min)
- Strong cash management position and forecasting
- HMRC submissions are accurate, and deadlines are met
- Clean audit and deadlines are met
- Budget and Commission Plans are in place prior to new financial year
- Debtors and Creditors days
- Management Accounts and Board Report
- Long Term Model updates
- Signed off budget
- Engaged and focused team
- Cash managed effectively
- Annual report and Accounts
- Commission plans in place
- EMT members and budget holders
- Legal Team
- People Team
- Sales manager and investment services business development team
- Driven, Proactive, Self-starer who is energetic, passionate and committed.
- Working to and achievement of deadlines through prioritisation, own work and delegation to others.
- Management, leadership and development of a diverse team
- Strong attention to detail.
- Driving continuous improvement and change management.
- Ability to work and communicate at all levels across the business.
- Microsoft office including Advanced Excel
- Sage 200 experience would be an advantage
- Prior experience in a fast paced SaaS SME business would be an advantage.
Education & Qualifications
Finance qualification e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIMA
3 -5 years relevant post qualification experience as a minimum