We are looking for an experienced and motivated Commercial Paralegal to support the legal team, delivering exceptional standards of legal advice and assistance to the business.
This interesting and diverse role offers great career development opportunities for anyone with a keen interest in legal support, intellectual property, compliance and risk management. The successful applicant will have an interest in current trends within the legal industry particularly around contract management technology and automation.
- Review, negotiate and draft various documents based on standard company templates and guidelines, e.g. NDAs, Amendments, renewals, termination or renewal letters, amendments etc
Manage, maintain, and develop the company's online contract management system. In particular, ensuring that the register of company contracts and corporate documentation is up to date, stored appropriately and captures key information.
Assist with legal or other company projects as required,
Support with basic administration, e.g. completion of order forms.
Develop knowledge and understanding of the company and their products and services and build strong relationships with the sales, finance, and operations teams.
KPIs and Measures:
- Deliver in line with agreed plans and priorities
- Accurate drafting of legal contracts, paying attention to details.
- Ability to accurately interpret contractual requirements and appropriating to the business as necessary.
The Successful Applicant
- Educated to graduate level preferably with a degree/diploma in law (or equivalent) with previous experience in drafting and negotiating commercial contracts and general duties of a commercial paralegal.
Familiarity with electronic document management systems and having a mindset to drive process, continuous improvements, and efficiencies from technology.
Ability to show initiative; to work both autonomously (or minimal supervision) and enjoy being part of a vibrant and highly collaborative team
- Internal stakeholders – sales, marketing, customer support, finance and technical teams
- Exceptional organisational skills; strong self-motivator.
Must be able to uphold the highest standards of discretion and confidentiality and exercise good judgement on day-to-day decisions.
Familiarity with electronic document management systems is desirable.
Ability to prioritise workload and reprioritise quickly and efficiently.
Focus and Strong attention to detail.
Must have strong interpersonal skills, ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organisation in a positive, collaborative manner.
Good written and oral communication skills.
Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks simultaneously within a fast-paced environment, working under pressure
Excellent communication both written and oral
Substantial experience in drafting and amending contracts
Proactive and applying initiative to providing solutions
Exceptional organisational skills; strong self-motivator.
Strong user of technology (incl Microsoft Office 365, word etc)
Education & Qualifications
- Paralegal / Contracts Specialist with demonstrated experience working on commercial contracts in a reputable legal environment.
- Experience in contract drafting, negotiating, and authoring.