About Dynamic Planner:
Dynamic Planner was founded in 2003 and is the UK’s most popular risk profiling and asset allocation investment process. It is today used by thousands of advisers and helps them ensure investment suitability, increase efficiency, and demonstrate value to their clients.
Dynamic Planner is an industry-leading set of Software-as-a-Service applications used by financial advisers.
Advisers use Dynamic Planner to gain information about their clients, to calculate their appetite for risk, to analyse their financial situation, and to match them with suitable investment opportunities.
We have a core product which is configured and used by thousands of financial advisers.
A Business Development Consultant plays an instrumental role in the SME Business Development Team at Dynamic Planner. Growing our company’s presence in the UK advisory marketplace within the assigned panels.
The role will focus on acquiring the appropriate number of licenses per firm from new small (1 to 5 Advisers) sized advice firms.
- Selling New Business into prospect firms.
- Up selling additional licences / modules into existing clients
- Self-Generating a proportion of the leads & opportunities within New Business.
What does the SME Business Development Team do?
SME Business Development Team re responsible for driving revenue in the SME space (1 to 20 Advisers), sitting between Marketing and Client Success in the client journey. Guiding a prospect from a Sales Qualified Lead through to Onboarding.
This is roughly split 50/50 between New Business & Existing Client upsell and distributed proportionally across the team based on experience and opportunity.
Consulting firms through demonstrations of Dynamic Planner on how we can improve their day-to-day financial planning for their clients.
- Achieve agreed revenue targets through effective sales, using various methods of communication including phone, MS Teams, social media & email, within your panel.
- Manage Sales Qualified Leads (SQLs) through each stage of the sales funnel to closure.
- Reporting back to Head of Business Development SME.
- Maintain a level of activity / KPIs.
- Organise and deliver successful sales meetings, presentations, and demonstrations to prospective clients.
- Ensure Salesforce.com (CRM system) is maintained with activity & all client interaction (including the minimum level of client data required).
- The primary source of leads may vary from year to year. For FY22/23 we are working to a split of 40% marketing driven, 35% support uplift and 25% self-generated by the Sales Team. Flexibility around the hunter/gatherer mentality is key to ensure self-generated leads are obtained.
- “Territories” in the SME Business Development Team are referred to as panels and split by the size of the advice firm and not the geography. A proactive approach to contacting both clients and prospects on your panel is key. This can be supported by marketing.
- Attend and represent Dynamic Planner at both company hosted and 3rd party events, face to face across the UK.
- Represent the customer by providing insight into the product development and marketing teams. Work continuously with marketing to drive data led campaigns into the assigned region.
- Be a positive role model in the team and provide support to colleagues and the Head of Business Development SME when required.
- Maintain a high level of relevant market and Dynamic Planner knowledge and prepare fully before all client interactions. A close relationship with Investment Services and Product will be key here.
- Work closely with your colleagues in Marketing, Sales, Client Success, Legal and Finance to ensure the clients journey from Prospect to Client is smooth.
- Sales Training is provided throughout the year at a team level.
- An additional annual personal training & development budget is available per member of staff.
- Business Development Consultants are encouraged to undertake the RO Exams which in turn can lead to the CII Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning.
- Opportunities within the team & within Dynamic Planner as the company grows.
- All current Business Development Consultants have or have ambitions to, work they way up to Senior Business Development Consultant. Opportunities in the 6 to 10 Adviser and 11 to 20 Adviser space can be made available as part of your PDP.
KPIs and Measures:
- Number of Dynamic Planner licenses sold.
- Number of Dynamic Planner module upgrades sold
- Activity Levels including prospect, demos completed, and calls made.
- Average value of licenses sold.
- Salesforce completion and accuracy.
- Customer Satisfaction / Positive Customer Engagement
- Achievement of Sales Target(s).
- Growth & improvement as a valuable member of the team.
- Supporting of senior members of the team when required
- Head of Business Development SME
- Sales, Marketing & Client Success
- Investment Services & Product
- Two to three years’ experience within sales or similar transferable skills from another role.
- Any experience in Financial Services and / or Software as a Service (SaaS).
- You will have a consultative sales approach, with an excellent, demonstrable track record of meeting and beating sales targets in a desk based and or face to face role.
- You will be driven to make an impact in your role, the team, the company & the industry.
- Excellent relationship builder, curious and interested in addressing the client and understanding each stakeholders needs & influence in the decision-making process.
- Knowledge of MS Office including proficiency in MS Teams, PowerPoint & Outlook.
- Knowledge of Salesforce and other CRM Systems.
- Good planning and organisation skills to ensure the most effective use of your time.
- Brilliant listener & communicator with highly developed & polished presentation skills.
- Genuinely interested in the clients we serve and providing exceptional client service.
- Positive, optimistic, tenacious, and resilient, you enjoy influencing people.
- Collaborative style, as working across various teams will be required.
Education & Qualifications:
- Currently hold or studying for a Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning (Desirable)
- Degree & A Levels (Desirable)